From Rev. Miracle

Check back periodically for thoughts on the life of an everday Christian Pastor

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Not Time Like Today


Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.

Proverbs 27:1
Friends,

   I still have Christmas stuff up in the house. I know they need to come down but I’m a procrastinator. I don’t expect the Christmas fairies to do it. II just know I’ll get to it tomorrow.
Too often I decide I'm busy today. I'll get to my life tomorrow. I’ll play with the dog tomorrow. I’ll go out with my wife tomorrow. I’ll pray more tomorrow. I’ll love more tomorrow.
   The problem is my cousin was diagnosed with cancer yesterday. He is 55.  The Bible says we are to live for today. No one is promised tomorrow.  My cousin knows that now. He doesn't want me to wait to learn that lesson.
   So I think I’ll play with my dog this morning, go out with my wife tonight, pray and love more all day long. I'll put off procrastinating until tomorrow.
   And maybe I’ll get the decorations put away too.

 
Blessings,
Pastor Loran

1 comment: