From Rev. Miracle

Check back periodically for thoughts on the life of an everday Christian Pastor

Thursday, June 5, 2014


Dear Friends,
    
 I pride myself on not going to the Dairy Queen. It’s a Jesus problem for me. Mostly I try to pass up the DQ because it is hazardous to my pants size. However, that’s not so much about my health as it is vanity. When I give in, I spend money I know could be used for someone genuinely hungry.  Plus, I feel guilty and this separates me from God. But I know all good things come from God including my chocolate “Moo-Latte”! So what’s a good Christian to do?
   After much prayer, I have discerned the occasional small DQ treat is part of God’s plan for me. It won’t kill me. It reminds me of God’s good gifts. And it motivates me to be more generous. It turns out stopping at Dairy Queen is the Christian thing to do. And it’s guilt free! God's grace is good all the time. Even at Dairy Queen.
 
See you in line.

 Loran

     

No comments:

Post a Comment